Printing Manuals, Reports and Training Booklets – 10 Publishing Tips
This is where the heavy lifting happens in your content mix. Use our Top 10 tips to make sure your Manuals, Training Material and Reports are designed and printed with your audience in mind
How To Make Manuals, Training Handbooks and Reports Effectively
Tip #1 Print Quality
Training Material, Manuals and Reports, must be build to last. This is where print spend is a long term investment. Go for good, durable paper stock. Look for the highest quality print options available.
Tip #2 Durability
With training materials especially, you will be creating a comprehensive step-by-step guide or handbook. It will serve as a reference for more than one person over time. In some cases it will change hands regularly. Use our binding & laminating services to give your document substance.
Tip #3 Visualize
Put a stop to dull and boring training days or meetings. You will need well-visualized content, good design and intelligent use of colour to convey the essence of your content in a glimpse.
- #TalktoSnap about infographic design.
- Ask about design features that organize and format your information visually using the latest printing techniques and designs.
- Use color accents, photos, or other images to draw attention to key content.
- Images must be relevant and reinforce your subject matter.
Tip #4 Navigation
You will be creating a comprehensive, step-by-step guide or handbook. Your document will translate complicated yet essential instructions to someone for the first time. Break down your content. Generate easy-to-digest snackable bites of information. Generate headings and subheadings that help.
Tip #5 Templates
If it’s time to prepare for that AGM, Sales meeting, or annual company report, there’s a hassle-free way to do it with Snap Printing. Come into your local Snap Centre and take a look at our gallery of reports and choose a template or style that is right for your business.
Tip #6 Branding
With reports, you may be presenting to high level users. It may be your first chance to communicate with new stakeholders. You have to impress. Create coherent branded elements when designing your document using our in-house designers. Be sure to communicate your brand identity to our designers and have a brand kit in mind.
Tip #7 Consistency
Reports are produced at periodically at regular intervals in most cases. Be sure to follow your corporate brand guidelines consistently across the different documents whilst developing ways to distinguish between them.
Tip #8 Formatting
The overall page layout and design must be consistent from page to page.
- Be consistent when formatting titles, headings, bulleted lists, labels, and general text.
- Page numbers and other reference text such as section headings and titles,must be placed in the same location on every printed page.
- Use persistent navigation links for main headings when presenting online. Keep them in the same position on each page.
Tip #9 Readability
Make the dense information easy to scan. Highlight what matters. Talk to our Designers about the optimal ways we can format your information :
- Distribute content on the page.
- Use Font type, spacing, hierarchy and size.
- Use Font colour
- Use Colour psychology, accents and background colors.
Tip #10 Proofread
Proofread and then ask someone else to proofread it too. At Snap our team are part of the process as we will check your documents carefully before publication.FIND A CENTRE