How Does Colour Printing Work?
Colour printing follows the same principles whether it's from a desktop or professional printer.
When Is Plan Printing Necessary?
- 4 basic colours form the printing abbreviation 'CMYK'. Namely : Cyan (blue), Magenta (pink-purple) Yellow and K ( Black).
- With four (primary) colours, our technology can mix them up in percentages to generate a spectrum of hues and tones.
- How? The printer places micro 'dots' onto paper in all the relevant permutations. This is why we talk about ‘dot per inch’ - So, the higher the DPI (AKA resolution), the better the final image.
Colour Print More Efficiently With Snap
It will cost less to use professional printers who can give you higher resolution images to boot!
- Toner and colour cartridges can be expensive, when you’re trying to print from home or the office in larger quantities.
- If you use paper that is too thin, (gsm) it makes the ink 'bleed'. We recommend thicker paper or card that can 'hold' the colour better.
- Don’t forget Gloss paper gives you yet another level of printing.
Why use Colour Printing?
Put your best Foot forward and be noticed. Reason enough to use colour Mostly anything can be printed in colour from business cards to posters or flyers.
Did you know ...
- Colour makes an impression 39% more memorable.
- Using colour can improve pick-up of your marketing collateral by 40%
- People learn and retain information better in colour . Colour improves your audience’s comprehension by 73%..
- People are 80% more willing to read a flyer or advertisement if it is in colour.
- People are 55% more likely to pick up a full-colour piece of mail first.
- Advertisements in color are read up to 42% more often than the same ads in black and white (as shown in study on phone directory ads).