Business Development Manager Job Description
Role Title: We are currently hiring a Business development Manager – Full Time post
Reports to: Group CEO
Location: 19 Naas Road Business Park, Inchicore, Dublin 12
Renumeration: Scale: €40,000 to €50,000 basic salary [based on skills and experience evidence provided during the interview process], plus annual bonus and branded company vehicle.
If you would like to be considered for this role please contact: Elish@snap.ie
Please read the job decription carefully and email a Cover Letter covering why you feel you should be considered for the position along with an updated CV.
Snap Ireland was founded in 1984 by Mick Kearney. It operates 14 franchised and two owned centres across Ireland. Through its franchised network, Snap Ireland is the number one print and essential marketing/promotion services partner working with Irish SME’s and Multinational companies to Large Corporate organisations. Snap centres employ c130 staff in the group and have the highest number of graphic designers in Ireland – with over 25% of the workforce working on creative solutions. Winners of multiple Irish Franchise awards, including Service Franchise of the Year on three separate occasions. The Snap Ireland Master Franchise and two Centres [Naas Rd & Galway] were purchased from Mick Kearney and his three business partners in December 2018 by Sean Murray [CEO of the business].
Business Development Manager – Role Description:
The main objective in this opportunity as Business Development Manager [BDM] is to lead, manage, coordinate day to day operations, increase/develop sales and profitability for the business by:
- Assisting with the development of the current business model, ensuring targets are met, protecting existing business and developing new business by consistently visiting customers on a weekly basis.
- The BDM is responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales goals by managing a portfolio of existing business along with seeking out/developing new opportunities [within existing customers and most importantly new customers].
- The BDM will lead from the front and take responsibility for the successful and timely execution of all requirements needed to provide the highest level of service to our customers and in parallel execute business objectives, and drive sales growth.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Carry out consistent weekly customer meetings [a Calendar invite with agenda sent directly to the customer in advance]. All meeting notes and opportunities identified to be updated in the CRM end of each day, which should include a brief summary note, actions and timeline to convert opportunity.
- Coordinate and lead a team comprising of one [possibly two] Sales Account Executive(s), two Designers and one in Production. It is intended to grow the team overtime.
- Ensure quick turnaround time [and high conversion] of daily quote requests into the team.
- Maintain gross margins in line with business guidelines [provide justification where margin is below target, before proceeding].
- Identify and manage leads from multiple sources [e.g. Visible in territory, Newspapers, Magazines, Internet, Trade Shows, Historical data and Email campaigns].
- Manage and drive all sales related activities including relationship call activity, customer visit activity [including on-site survey’s], Pipeline and lost business using the CRM system. Maintain accurate and current customer data on the CRM. Where existing business, opportunities/quotes are at threat of loss put preventative actions in place early, where possible.
- Understand customer needs and advise of other products and services which could suit their current or future needs.
- Drive long term growth by building relationships with customers [mindful/focus on the 80/20 rule].
- Promote a high performing culture with drive for execution.
- Encourage a positive working environment and promote open communication and engagement. Lead/engage in meetings in a productive fashion.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, market products and services knowledge [feedback notable updates to CEO/Marketing/Operations].
- Address any customer issues in a timely and professional manner [all customers issues to be logged on our CRM system once identified and updated until closed].
- Request feedback, testimonials, and ‘positive’ on-line reviews.
- Submit required reports in a timely manner e.g. Month-end Reports, Monthly Management Presentation and Expenses.
- Coordinate [lead] with team in addressing Creditors, Debtors, Invoicing and Banking Administration.
- Develop ‘Outworker’ and Supplier relationships [Current & Future].
- At all times promote a good image of the Company [Present professional image through sales aids, car, person and communication].
- Perform other tasks as required.
Business Development Job Requirements
- Desirable to have experience in the Print industry [Design, Promotional Products, Signage, Events, Marketing materials], however not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain, develop existing customers and win new customers.
- Strong relationship building skills and management skills with a high degree of responsiveness, and integrity. Strong people skills / team skills are essential for this role.
- A sales professional with a minimum of five years sales experience and proven track record of successfully growing revenues through implementing business development, strategy, process – providing solutions B2B.
- Ability to drive sales activity and lead/manage sales activity with Sales Account Executive(s).
- Knowledge of strategic selling, sales methodologies, sales reporting and sales targeting.
- Competent in identifying, managing, driving and closing quotes/sales pipeline.
- Expert in the use and execution of a Business Management System and CRM.
- Commercially astute and excellent negotiation, influencing, and conflict management skills.
- Professionally persistent in achieving a target.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written), with attention to detail.
- Strong understanding and ability to ensure standards and processes of Quality [ISO standard], Health, Safety and Environment are upheld.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, Data extraction and ability to run reports.
- A strong educational background, fluent in English and a clean driving license.
- Team player who is driven, adaptable, dynamic, and willing to bring confidence and enthusiasm to team members. It is intended to grow the business over time; therefore s/he would need to have the appetite, drive, focus and adaptability to expand the territory and sales beyond what it is today.
- Passionate about sales [creating solutions] and capable of selling on added value and influencing key decision makers throughout multiple routes to market.
- It is a must that the individual is highly organised with the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals, establishes efficient work procedures to meet objectives and be skilled in prioritising. Forms the right structures, process, and/or teams to enhance productivity.
- A person with a hard-working ethos who is disciplined and reliable in executing company processes and strategies. Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, competitive environment. The ability to execute is crucially important. Ability to consistently achieve weekly customer meetings.
- An open personality that can fit with the company’s culture of integrity and respect for colleagues.
- Is flexible, maintains effectiveness by adjusting behaviour, work routines, and habits to meet a goal and/or changing circumstances [taking into account future ambitions to grow the business beyond what it is today, in revenue and team size – including a new office location in the future – growth dependent].
- Energetic, driven, motivated, upbeat professional who is open to receiving and adapting to feedback/development guidance. An individual who wants to learn.
- A positive, can-do attitude and dedicated to going above and beyond.
How to apply for this Job
Please read the job descriptions first to ensure that you have the relevant experience, capabilities and qualifications before applying.
The above job description is designed to give an overview of the tasks and responsibilities for this position. The Snap business will however evolve and grow over time to meet the organisation and market demands. The selected individual will be expected to embrace such changes and rise to the challenge of developing their skills over time.
Register your interest by sending your CV and a cover note explaining what you can bring to this role with reference to the requirements of this position.
Send your Applications for Dublin based posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not require the help of agencies at this time.
For Any General Queries, Contact us at :
Snap Group Office
19, Naas Road Business Park
P: 01 4568890