Accounts Assistant Job Description
Role Title: We are currently hiring a Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Regional Manager and dotted-line reporting to Company CEO
Location: 16 Briarhill Business Park, Ballybrit, Galway
Remuneration: Scale: €25,000 to €30,000 basic salary [based on skills and experience evidence provided during the interview process].
If you would like to be considered for this role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the job description carefully and email a Cover Letter covering why you feel you should be considered for the position along with an updated CV.
Snap Ireland was founded in 1984 by Mick Kearney. It operates 14 franchised and two owned centres across Ireland. Through its franchised network, Snap Ireland is the number one print and essential marketing/promotion services partner working with Irish SME’s and Multinational companies to Large Corporate organisations. Snap centres employ c130 staff in the group and have the highest number of graphic designers in Ireland – with over 25% of the workforce working on creative solutions. Winners of multiple Irish Franchise awards, including Service Franchise of the Year on three separate occasions. The Snap Ireland Master Franchise and two Centres [Naas Rd & Galway] were purchased from Mick Kearney and his three business partners in December 2018 by Sean Murray [CEO of the business].
As the Accounts Assistant Executive, you will be responsible for the full range of accounting and administration functions. The Accounts Assistant will play a key role in the management of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable activities of three operating companies within the KMCM Franchising Limited group. The individual will have experience in Bookkeeping to trial balance stage as well as dealing with Revenue in relation to VAT and PAYE/PRSI. The successful candidate will be based in the Snap Galway Business and will liaise closely with Snap Galway, Snap Naas Road, and Snap Group Office Management, including the group’s credit controller and external accountant.
- Issue invoices for completed work on a daily basis.
- Process payments from debtors
- Manage cash/credit card transitions
- Prepare bank lodgements
- Process credit notes
- Follow up on Purchase Order requests
- Process Customer Credit Account Applications
- Liaise closely with the group’s credit controller and external accountant as necessary
- Process deposits from customers
- File and organise associated paper work on a daily basis
- Provide assistance with any potential audits or internal requests
- Liaise with debtors as required and resolve any issues in a timely and professional manner
- Work closely with Management to monitor and reduce debtor days
- Receive, process and seek approval of creditors invoices
- Manage petty cash process and transactions
- Upload and allocate creditor invoices to Xero
- Seek and process creditor credit notes
- Reconcile Creditor summaries versus Creditor statements
- Prepare and process creditor monthly payment run
- File and Organise associated paper work on a daily basis
- Provide assistance with any potential audits or internal requests
- Liaise with creditors as required and resolve any issues in a timely and professional manner
- Work closely with Management to monitor and reduce creditor days
- Liaise closely with Accountant as required
- To post all accounting entries to trial balance stage
- Prepare month end reconciliations
- Assist external accountant with the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts
- Processing Supplier Invoices and Matching to Purchase Orders and Payments
- Preparation of Sales Invoicing
- Manage Debtors’ and Creditors’ ledgers for all companies
- Supplier Payment Management
- Bank Reconciliations
- VAT/ PAYE Returns
- Process Employee Expense Claims
- Assist in preparation of year end Audits
- The successful applicant will have 2+ years’ experience within a busy Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeping role and ideally be Account Technician qualified (This qualification is not essential but would be a distinct advantage).
- Proficiency with bookkeeping software/applications.
- Possess excellent knowledge of excel and previous experience with Xero Software is highly desirable.
- Strong relationship building skills and management skills with a high degree of responsiveness, and integrity. Strong people skills / team skills are essential for this role.
- Professionally persistent in achieving deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written), with attention to detail.
- Strong understanding and ability to ensure standards and processes of Quality [ISO standard], Health, Safety and Environment are upheld.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, data extraction and ability to run reports.
- The motivation to upskill and attend additional training courses when made available.
- A strong educational background and fluent in English.
- Team player who is driven, adaptable, dynamic, and willing to bring confidence and enthusiasm to team members.
- Passionate about driving continuous improvement in processes.
- It is a must that the individual is highly organised with the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals, establishes efficient work procedures to meet objectives and be skilled in prioritising. Forms the right structures, process, and/or teams to enhance productivity.
- A person with a hard-working ethos who is disciplined and reliable in executing company processes and strategies.Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, competitive environment. The ability to execute is crucially important. A professional manner and strong ethical code is essential due to requirement of handling confidential information.
- An open personality that can fit with the company’s culture of integrity and respect for colleagues.
- Is flexible, maintains effectiveness by adjusting behaviour, work routines, and habits to meet a goal and/or changing circumstances.
- Energetic, driven, motivated, upbeat professional who is open to receiving and adapting to feedback/development guidance. An individual who wants to learn.
- A positive, can-do attitude and dedicated to going above and beyond.
How to apply for this Job
Please read the job descriptions first to ensure that you have the relevant experience, capabilities and qualifications before applying.
The above job description is designed to give an overview of the tasks and responsibilities for this position. The Snap business will however evolve and grow over time to meet the organisation and market demands. The selected individual will be expected to embrace such changes and rise to the challenge of developing their skills over time.
Register your interest by sending your CV and a cover note explaining what you can bring to this role with reference to the position you are looking for
Send your Applications for the post to email@example.com
We do not require the help of agencies at this time.
For Any General Queries, Contact us at :
Snap Group Office
19, Naas Road Business Park
P: 01 4568890