What is PPC and How Can it Help Your Business
The world is full of them – atm, btw, lol…
And the realm of Digital Marketing is no different! As well as SEO, CMS, and SERP, another one to know is PPC.
And it’s a pretty important one!
(Learn more about these acronyms with our digital marketing dictionary, which is available at https://www.snap.ie/websites/digital-dictionary/)
PPC stands for Pay Per Click.
Simply put, it’s a marketing method where you pay for search engine advertising to generate clicks to your website. You, the advertiser, will pay the search engine (the publisher – Google, Bing, etc.) when a person clicks on your ad – hence ‘pay per click’. It is literally the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked – you are buying visitors to your site.
It’s easy to see the ‘paid ads’ in the search engine results pages – they’re the ones that are marked “Ad” or “Ads” before the url that is displayed.
How does it work?
The genius of PPC is that it works like a silent auction. Companies place bids on keywords or terms that they think their audience would use to search for them. When a web user types a particular term into the search field, the search engine (Google, Bing etc.) will check which businesses / advertisers have placed a bid for their ad to be displayed in the event of that particular term being searched. And they will display the ads accordingly, and list them in a certain order based on a number of factors. If the user then clicks on one of the listings, and is then brought to a company’s website, then that company pays for the click, because they are hoping that once on the site, the user will ‘convert’ i.e. purchase something; fill out a contact form; download a white paper etc.
PPC is a great way to maximise your visibility and generate traffic to your website, and when done properly, it’s very cost-effective. You want the visit to be worth more than what you paid for it – that’s when PPC is really working for you.
What are the benefits?
PPC is a great example of a win-win strategy for all:
- It benefits searchers – they know if they click on a ‘paid’ listing, that the information they’re presented with is guaranteed to be relevant to their search. People expect advertising, and don’t mind being advertised to, once the products and services presented to them fit their needs.
- It benefits advertisers – you can put your message in front of an audience who is actively seeking you out. You can also measure your strategy in real-time, and adjust it accordingly.
- It benefits the search engines – PPC allows Google, Bing, and the rest, to cater to searchers and advertisers simultaneously. Searchers get relevant results displayed to them, advertisers get traffic to their sites, and the engine gets revenue from advertisers. Everybody’s happy!
But it can also be risky.
If not managed properly, you may end up over-spending with very little return at the end of a campaign. PPC should be run like any other form of paid advertising: carefully, with clear goals, and with a plan for measuring and quantifying.
This is where we come in!
Here at Snap, we have PPC specialists who can manage your campaign and help you determine the right metrics for your business. We have the experience and knowledge to help you make the best strategic decisions when it comes to planning an effective PPC campaign.
- Use Google AdWords to create relevant, targeted PPC campaigns.
- Format useful and optimised landing pages for your website.
- Perform targeted and relevant keyword research.
- Write quality content for your ad copy and your landing pages.
- Advise on how much to bid, and on what.
- Manage your campaign regularly and effectively.
- Provide detailed reporting on the effectiveness of your AdWords campaigns.
So #TalkToSnap today and leave your PPC Campaigns in the hands of the professionals.
Comments are closed.