We have a vacancy for an Experienced Graphic Designer (with 3 or more years of work experience). Applicants must have experience in designing collateral for print.
This is a full-time position at our Snap Mayo centre in Castlebar.
Snap Senior Graphic Designer Job Overview
As a Graphic Designer in our studio, you will be required to provide creative, stylish, accurate and timely design services to our broad and varied customer base. Your main responsibility is to carry out Graphic Design work/projects on a daily basis and successfully manage your, and the departments, jobs list daily.
All artwork and finished jobs should be presented in a timely, detailed and organised fashion. You may also be asked on occasion to assist in the production side of the centre. This role requires a hands-on approach in particular in the production and finishing area, requiring speed and accuracy at all times.
This person is responsible to the Directors & Centre Manager.
He/she will liaise with other personnel as appropriate e.g. Centre Manager, Customer Service, Freelance Designers, colleagues from other Snap Centers etc.
You will also play a part in growing the business. The quality of your design, the professional image you create of our business and the new business opportunities you may identify through conversations with customers will make a difference.
Graphic Designer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend Production Scheduling Meetings when requested, with prepared ‘work completed’ and ‘work in progress’ information. At this meeting, you are responsible for providing information to the team on all artwork related matters, and
you should be aware at all times at what stage each of their jobs is at.
- If you are going to be absent from the office for the production meeting at any time it is up to you to ensure that in your absence everyone has been fully briefed and a detailed ‘hand- over’ has taken place.
- Manage all aspects of the Graphic Design projects/jobs allocated to you, while overseeing
the work of Junior Designers.
- Produce Artwork and Printed Jobs as per Production Schedule. Reorganise the schedule as necessary to allow for rush jobs coming in during the course of the day.
- Ensure all jobs on the production list are identified and going according to plan. This also includes the close monitoring and management of all outsourced jobs, including jobs at the Snap ‘Hub’.
- Check Work Dockets and emails for job details. Ensure previous departmental checks have been completed before starting to produce the artwork/ the job.
- Ensure that printed samples are always retained for archiving with the job bag for future reference.
- All clients whose jobs are out on proof or on hold are contacted, the responsibility will lie with the person that created the Artwork.
- Liaise with clients on their design concepts. Provide them with suggestions and ideas that are appropriate and relevant.
- Ensure all dealings with clients are carried out in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Ensure all artwork is rigorously proofed and spell checked before going to the client.
- Ensure that all work produced by the centre is thoroughly checked from a conformance and quality perspective.
- Ensure all artwork is proofed by the client. Ensure all proofed artwork is ‘signed off’ by the client. It may also be necessary from time to time, to educate the client as to what they need to look for when proofing.
- Ensure second person proofing always takes place before the job goes to print.
- Maintain all records of proofing and communication with the client as per ISO operating procedures.
- Ensure correct ISO procedures are maintained at all times.
- Continually liaise with Centre Manager / Owner re progress of jobs and artwork production.
- Ensure back-up to the Customer Services department is provided where necessary e.g. telephone or counter cover etc.
- Ensure Artwork Files are maintained in an organised and tidy manner and that all job wallets are filed on a daily basis.
- During busy periods, the role may from time to time involve working outside of the agreed working week. This is very rare however but a degree of flexibility is required as with all members of staff.
- Encourage and motivate staff at all times. Ensure open and strong communication between departments.
- Put forward ideas and suggestions for improving the operation of your department and the company as a whole.
- Work hard at maintaining a happy, productive working environment. Strive to achieve good working relationships with all staff members and ensure problems that arise are dealt with are solved in a satisfactory manner.
- Embrace the culture of the Snap Printing organisation. Take ownership of your job within the organisation and by doing so strive to improve the level of job satisfaction you achieve.
- Carry out any other duties that may arise from time to time.
Graphic Designer Job Skills and Qualifications:
How To Apply
To apply, in strictest confidence, please email your CV to deirdre(at)mayo.snap.ie
Snap Print, Design and Websites provide businesses with a wide range of essential marketing services under one roof, including graphic design, online marketing services (such as websites, e-newsletters and e-publications) and direct marketing through personalised print.
The Snap group is Ireland’s market leader in business printing. We have serviced top 1,000 companies, bringing 30 years’ experience to our clients via 17 Centres nationwide.
We pride ourselves on offering a full range of print, graphic design and marketing solutions.
Be part of a team of designers, digital experts, sales executives and marketers who provide a range of print, design and web related support for every stage of a company’s development – from launch through to ongoing marketing and brand awareness.
Comments are closed.